The other day the grocery store had strawberries on sale for $.99 a pound! So since we were all out of the freezer jam I made in October when strawberries were that price, I decided to make some more! This time though I decided to make it the real way and can it! I have never done that before so I thought I would give it a try. The jam turned out perfectly and I now have 12 pints of strawberry jam for our year supply. My husband though informed me that while he was proud of my hard work, he missed the freezer jam fresh taste and so I ended up making some of that as well. I don't have a pic of any of my final work, but it all turned out great and all my bottles of jam sealed! I am now ready to can what we get from our garden once that comes in!
I am a full time mom of 4, which let me tell you is no easy thing, but I wouldn't change it for the world! If I am lucky enough to find some, I am a crafter in my spare time.
1 comment:
Looks great! I've only ever done the freezer jam, never canned-it's nice to hear that it's not too hard.
Post a Comment